Sunday, February 3, 2013

still tinkering

Hey guys, as you can see, I've once again monkeyed with the blog's layout. I may keep this ultra-minimalist look. I am going to attempt to restore the old header image soon. I say attempt, because (if you can believe my dopiness) I have lost the old image. When I started changing the layout I backed up the old one, believing that would preserve the picture. But sadly it appears to be gone, and as I am an absent-minded dope, I never saved it. I do still have the original picture that I took that I made the header out of, though, so with a little futzing and playing around with fonts, I can hopefully approximate it again.

Let me know what you think of this new, super-minimalist look. I quite like it.

test test

Update: Found a (somewhat small) version of the header in Google. Gonna keep playing around for a bit, we'll see.

Update II: Well, maybe this will do for now. It kind of drives me nuts that the header image doesn't line up with the posts, but oh well. It doesn't look as contemporary as the last change, which I liked, but I couldn't keep the picture nor adjust the widths with that one. We'll see.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the internet archive's wayback machine should have your old banner.

Charles said...

http://web.archive.org/web/20120510124058/http://lhote.blogspot.com/

I mostly read you through RSS, but I like the design.

Freddie said...

The real issue is that I'm completely fickle and unsure about anything related to visual design.

Rick said...

My one complaint about this theme is the color of unclicked links - at least on my browser they're identical to the rest of the text, so the only way to tell something is a link is to mouse over it. Even a subtle visual distinction between text and link would make a big difference I think.

Mark D. said...

Three comments.

1. The column width now seems fixed rather than variable, at least on my version of Chrome. So when I make my window skinny, I now have to scroll side-to-side to read a whole sentence. Which isn't that cool...

2. I love having the banner picture back! That image is all spiritual and mysterious and Malick-y, somehow. Sets the right tone.

3. I think your blogging deserves a more elegant font. Like Palatino or something.

Jack said...

I like the minimalist layout, but the font is not reader friendly, at least on my set up. It's as if someone took a normal font and made every line and curve half the usual thickness.