Wednesday, January 30, 2013

the UBI and socializing finance

One of my aforementioned posts that I've written many words about and then keep mothballing is about a universal basic income and how it could not only provide material security for all people, in keeping with humanitarian/ethical needs, but also how it could strengthen those who remain in the conventional employment world. I remain worried, though, about disparities in power and the persistence of a cultural attachment to work (as in a conventional job) as the only valid method of human flourishing. I hope I can get it out in a form I like soon.

Until then, you should check out this conversation between the brilliant Seth Ackerman and Mike Konczal, one of my favorite liberals. It's a great discussion of our macroeconomy by a couple of informed and committed guys.

    

1 comment:

Muhammad Amir said...

About disparities in power and the persistence of Asset Liability Management a cultural attachment to work (as in a conventional job) as the only valid method of human flourishing.