Monday, January 7, 2013

Merry Christmas indeed

Meant to mention this around Christmas time-- as my brother details on his professional website, he made all of his Christmas presents by hand, as he always does. He made me a one-of-a-kind Guybrush Threepwood voodoo doll, which should be familiar to anyone who enjoyed The Secret of Monkey Island specifically or old graphical adventure games in general.


He also made me my first ever suit by hand, so that is probably the best gift he's given me, but this is close. You jelly?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How appropriate, you fight like a cow.

Anonymous said...

I'm hugely jealous. A handmade suit is an amazing gift. Not only would it be very expensive if you had paid for it, it allows you to have a tangible reminder of the hearth in the kind of semi-formal contexts where feeling the imminence of that connection is most difficult.

I bet even Alec Baldwin would have been unable to give the Glengarry Glenross speach if he had been wearing a suit made by his brother, given at Christmas.

Johannes said...

Very very cool!